International Congress of the Polish Language and Culture
Szczecin, Poland, September 22 – 24, 2021
The Institute of Linguistics of the University of Szczecin is pleased to invite you to participate in the International Congress of the Polish Language and Culture, which will take place on September 22-24, 2021 in Szczecin, Poland. Our invitation is addressed to linguists, scholars of literary and cultural studies, historians, media scholars, sociologists, translators and other researchers interested in the Polish language and culture.
The aim of the congress is to create a space for discussion around various aspects of the Polish language and culture, to exchange experience, and to integrate the researchers from the national and international research centres dealing with the Polish language.
We propose the following topics for discussion:
– synchronic and diachronic aspects of the Polish language research,
– image of Poland and Poles in the Polish and foreign media,
– legacy of Polish emigrants and its reception in Poland and worldwide,
– Poles’ participation in the world culture, Poles’ international achievements,
– language of fiction in the old and contemporary perspective,
– reception of the old and contemporary Polish literature in the world,
– translation of the Polish literature into foreign languages and of foreign literature into Polish,
– teaching Polish abroad and Polish as a foreign language in Poland,
– activity of Polish organizations abroad.
We are also open to other proposals that fall within the scope of research on the Polish language and culture.
Languages of the conference: Polish, English
Abstract submission deadline: May 31st, 2021
The proposal should include: title of the paper, author’s name and surname, information about the represented institution, contact details (address, e-mail, phone number), abstract. The submission should be sent to the organisers’ e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The abstracts will be published on the conference website.
Decisions about acceptance of the papers: before June 11th, 2021
The conference will be held online.
dr hab. Adrianna Seniów, prof. US (Institute of Linguistics) – Chair
dr hab. Hanna Pułaczewska, prof. US (Institute of Linguistics)
dr Agnieszka Szlachta (Institute of Linguistics)
dr Nina Pielacińska (Institute of Literature and New Media)
dr Dorota Orsson (Institute of Linguistics)